The World’s Most Flexible Ostinato Pattern Woodwinds
- Various "short" samples applied to 4 Woodwinds Sections in ONE Instrument
- Create Sophisticated Patterns with No Musical Theory Training Necessary
- Intelligent Woodwinds Motion Engine
- Bring Motion to Woodwinds With Unparalleled Ease
- Powerful & Intuitive Design
- Dynamic Randomization with Instant Results
- A Woodwinds Instrument Like No Other
- Playful, Epic & Cinematic
- Infinite Results
- Instant Woodwinds Rhythms
At the time of this publication, there does not exist another instrument that can let you play FOUR short-sample Woodwinds sections (flutes, oboes, clarinets and bassoons) at the SAME TIME. But wit Kinetic, you get the entire Woodwinds section in one instrument. That means you get a separate timeline for each section. Each timeline contains 64 note or rest events and can be divided into up to 4 "regions". And you can have each timeline play a different pattern whether you hold down a single note or chord!
Choose from 30 fun-to-play presets. And if you really want to get wild, you can choose any of the same 30 presets for each section separately. That means you could have the flutes playing the "Superman" preset, the oboes play the "Terminator" preset, the clarinets play the "Xmen" preset, and the bassoons play the "Cap. America" preset ALL AT THE SAME TIME! And of course, any or all of these patterns can be edited.
You can also load "perpetual motion" patterns that include very useful accents. These accents can be based on every 2, 3, 4 or 6 events. Additionally, you can set whether the accents are subtle, moderate or dynamic.
Kinetic Woodwinds contains 2 piccolos, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bass clarinets, 2 bassoons, and 2 contra bassoons. And each note can be "tightened or broadened".
Recorded at the First Presbyterian Church, Santa Monica where A-list Los Angeles-based orchestras record and perform.
4 Independent Timelines (not just 2 for high range and low range!)
- 2 piccolos and 2 flutes
- 2 oboes
- 2 clarinets and 2 bass clarinets
- 2 bassoons and 2 contra bassoons
For Each of the 4 Timelines (Main Page):
- 64 Editable Note/Rest Events per Timeline
- 4 Regions per Timeline
- Each region's length can be changed.
- Regions can overlap.
- Repetition On/Off
- Region Cycling (Regions can cycle 1 through 4, or not at all.)
- Articulation Chooser (Staccato)
- Accent Control (Accent every 2, 3, 4 or 6 events. Choose "Subtle, Moderate or Dynamic" accent style.)
- Tighten/Broaden Notes
- Playable Range Editor
- Copy/Past Regions
- Solo/Mute Timeline
- Randomize Repetitions
- Select Built-In Popular Rhythms
- Select from 30 Presets
Global Control (Main Page):
- Repetitions On/Off
- View Grid (base 3 or base 4 for easy editing)
- Event Resolution (Whole, Half, Quarter, 8th, 16th or 32nd Duration per Event)
- Triplet Function (On/Off, and Edit Triplet's Playable Range)
- Select from 30 Global Presets
- Audio Preview of Presets
- Load/Save Patterns
- Randomize all Timelines
- Built-In Tutorial
- MIDI Record and Drag-and-Drop
- Auto-Mix (Intelligently "mixes" each section for a smooth transition between them.)
- 3-Band Parametric EQ
- Velocity Variation (Randomizes note velocities for added realism.)
- Velocity Sensitivity
- Velocity Takeover (During playback, you can "grab" the current velocity and "take over".)
- Humanize Repetitions (A scalable "Un-Quantize" repetition rate for added realism.)
- Reverb and Room Size
- Velocity-Controlled Warm/Bright Control
- Microphone Mixer
- Presets for Microphone and Reverb Settings
- Section Mixer for Flutes, Oboes, Clarinets and Bassoons (Level, Pan, Purge)
Under The Hood:
- Recorded at First Presbyterian Church, Santa Monica
- Round Robin is randomized so that you never hear a "loop" effect.
- Samples of the church ambience are carefully mixed in for a very natural sound.
- Repetition will always follow the tempo of your DAW.
- The FULL VERSION of Kontakt 5.7.1 or newer. This will only run in DEMO mode if you load into the free player version of Kontakt.
- 2GB download size, 2.6GB after extraction.
- Mac OSX 10.9 or newer, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, although 6 or more is recommended.
- Windows 7 or newer, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB RAM, although 6 or more is recommended.